Monday, September 28, 2009

test prep

I have my first exam of grad school tomorrow.

I just spent the last forty-five minutes making brownies.

I have to wake up in… eight hours? Ish. I was hoping that baking + doing dishes would relax me and get me ready to fall asleep, but I am just as hyper as before, possibly more. On the plus side, my apartment smells really good.

It has been a long time since I’ve taken a test like this (involving math, and formulas, and possibly a calculator). I am nervous not because I don’t think I am prepared – I understand the concepts, as far as we have gone over them multiple times in class and in the book – I am nervous because every time I try to do problems stemming from the concepts I trip up on some silly step along the way, usually involving algebra. I am not detail oriented. We have been assured that partial credit will be given if it’s clear we knew how to do it, but as the whole “exam” concept is a recipe for big, scary stress, this doesn’t help very much.

What a boring post. Time to stuff my mouth with brownies; that has to be better than whinging.

EDIT: Used this recipe as I did not have any baking chocolate in the house. Quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment